In a town noted for its historic homes, Belle Oaks Inn are the shining stars of grandly renovated and restored homes.
Belle Oaks Inn
Belle Oaks Inn was built in 1912 by successful banker C.E. Dilworth for his wife Leonora Kockernot and it was their family home for many years. In the 1950s, it was used as dorm rooms for doctors and nurses working at the nearby Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital. When polio was cured and Warm Springs no longer had a need for such a large staff and in 1961, the house was purchased by the Boothe Family who converted the home back into a private residence. After their deaths in the early 1980s, their son, John Ross Boothe Jr had the house boarded up and sat vacant for many years. The current owners purchased the property in 2000 and began a complete renovation project. Since then, it has been lovingly and completely restored to its original grandeur and thoughtfully and tastefully decorated in fine antiques. Belle Oaks Inn opened for guests in 2002.
Copyright© 2008 Victoria Web Design